Friday, 18 February 2011

Crushing

Today on Loose Women one of the main topics of conversation was the big all-consuming crush that everyone suffers from at some point or other.
Now, I have suffered from a few of these crippling obsessions in my lifetime. Thankfully, most were with famous people. I would much rather talk about that side of things, because it makes me seem like less of a psychopath.

Or maybe not. We'll see.

My first love was Jacob Underwood from O-Town, and he is the lucky duck that we will be discussing today.

Google him. I can wait.

Handsome, no? He was 'the rebel' of the group, much like AJ of the Backstreet Boys, who is also a bit of a dish. (Fact: In a boyband, the rebel is the most attractive one. Unless that boyband is N*Sync.)
O-Town were formed on a reality show (the ORIGINAL Making The Band, no less) and it transpired that, in addition to having the rebel-thing going for him, Jacob also had quite a good voice. He was also the most down-to-earth of the bunch AND he played the guitar. *swoon*. Needless to say, I was determined to marry him.

In every good love story, however, there is always a moment when someone gets their heart broken - usually temporarily. And it was the same for me and Jacob.

In our love story, it was during the episode when all the girlfriends came to visit the band in Florida. I literally could have died. His girlfriend - from what I remember - was prettier than me, cooler than me and A LOT older than me. I still thought I had a chance though. This didn't seem like any more of an obstacle than the million miles of distance between us, the ten year age difference, or the fact that he was a pop star.
Obviously I was mental. But that's ok when you are 13 years old.

It is not ok when you are 23, though. So it might be a concern to some of you when I reveal that I have reacquainted myself with the O-Town phenomenon, and am definitely in love with him.

When I marry him, it'll probably be a bit awkward at first because we've been in a relationship for eleven years without him knowing about it. But counselling will fix that, I'm sure.

x