Monday, 21 November 2011

That Ship Has Sailed

We all remember Fringe, don’t we?

It seems that his lovely relationship with that almost-attractive girl from work has run its course.

That said, she doesn’t seem to know about it.

In the last few days, Fringe has taken it upon himself to get back in my good books. He’s realised, he says, that he should have waited for me to be ready for a relationship. He’s also realised that his new girlfriend could never possibly mean as much to him as I do. He understands that it’s going to take a lot of hard work, but he’s willing to try and fix ‘us’. Oh, and he thinks I'm pretty.

Well.

Not. A. Chance.

Do you know what this is really about? This is about how I went on those dates a couple of weeks ago. Basically, he’s jealous.

This isn’t an unfamiliar situation. I wouldn’t have the nerve to call myself a Crazy Bitch if I hadn’t used good old jealousy to my advantage before. And, to be honest, if I’d had my wits about me earlier, I probably would have played the Jealousy Card a little bit better when he first discovered that other women were easier to deal with.

Jealousy, though, is annoying when you haven’t deliberately provoked it.

I’ve tried to let him down gently. I’ve also tried letting him down not-so-gently. I've also told him quite clearly that I'm not interested anymore, and, yesterday, I told him I didn’t like his new haircut.

Ridiculously – but understandably, because I am quite a catch – he is still very determined.

Don’t they say men are like buses or something?

x