Tuesday, 17 April 2012

I'm Fine

So, you know the score by now.

I fall for someone, they’re interested for a while, and then something better comes along. Sometimes it's more complicated than that, but why quibble?

I’m alright though. I was upset at first. Hysterical, you might say. But now I’m just a bit bored of it. Bored of the constant sinking feeling, the hole in my chest and that mild panic that sets in whenever I accidentally think about him.

I should probably make a point of saying that we were never actually officially a thing.

If you ask me, I think the lack of communication is what killed it. If you ask him, it was my absolute inability to believe a single word that anyone says to me.

He’s got this new girlfriend now. She’s not what you'd expect. Not quite as pretty, not quite as clever, but somehow a much better fit.

And I’m fine with it.

Fine.

I’m not stupid enough to wait around and hope she turns out to be awful, although the thought has crossed my mind more than once. But, logic aside, I can’t shake the feeling that he’s with the wrong girl.

Whatever. This appalling excuse for a blog post was just to update you all on the little ray of hope that we all had back there.

And to tell you that I’m fine.

Because I am.

I’m fine.

x